Space Prison

Reaction score
    Hey everyone this is my first post so any mess ups is hopefully from not knowing rather than me just being dumb

Im currently starting a station for the faction im in on Red-Shift, SPACE POLICE, and its going to be a prison station, i already have 4 basic power cubes, 1 defense (one that has shields in it), one that is dedicated to power making and storage, and 2 hybrids that are in progress.
    as soon as i figure out haw to take screenshots and upload them here ill start doing that and you can see the station.
    I plan on makeing that station either a tube in the middle with 5 cylinders around it or a giant sphere, but most likely its going to end up beint a massive cube :)

im also going to use the grills and meshing as part of it

Blast away, but don't get caught

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    A prison station, that's actually pretty interesting. I suggest that you make the cells out of glass and aligned around a central tube. Making the cells docked entities so that they can be moved around (to solitary confinement or something) could be pretty cool too :D .

Captain Tankman

Cake Build Server Staff
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    You can do screenshots by pressing F5 (for screenshots with the GUI) or F6 (for screenshots without the GUI).
    Then you can find the screens in your starmade folder :)
    A popular image hoster is Imgur. You can register there and then upload your screenshots.
    I hope that helps a bit ;)

To your station:
    I'd love to see it as the first variant you've said. The tube with the cylinders around it.

Reaction score
    thanks with the cells i was planing on making a general holding with a a large glass ceiling for observing the prisoners, and the walls hull with a mesh or grate hallway out of the area with several checkpoints and undeathys in a variate of areas
    then on a lower level i was going to do individual cells out of hull with a light, and undeathy and a wedge bed
    For the docked entities i was planing on doing a 3*3*4, the inside would be 2*1*1 for the prisoner, solitary confinement with the undeather in a holding area while they wait for their solitary cell
    I already have started the station and i have 1 prison transport awaiting a place to be

to recap cause the long post :)
    docked entities: solitary confinement cells, auto security turrets, prison transport
    Level wise: lvl1: docking, and check in
    lvl2: general holding, and observation offices
    lvl3: cafeteria (maybe), and medical bay (maybe)
    lvl4: individual cells
    lvl5: solitary confinement
    Central tube: main offices, power and defense, control center

Reaction score
    the reason im not using docked entities as cells is that you can put undeathys on ship unfortunetly but i may end up doing the cells like that and having undeathys in the central tube

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Just stick the undeathinators in the yard, because there WILL be one, right ;) ? And you should really add a cafeteria, it will make things more interesting.

Reaction score
    lol yup good idea thanks for the tips ill do that
    if you have some free time do you want to help me with it at all? i know you are working on your ship but just asking