SPACE ELEVATOR OR SKY-HOOK IN STARMADE

Reaction score
    Sky-hook or Space Elevator

300,000 blocks

space elevator is a proposed type of space transportation system.[1] Its main component is a ribbon-like cable (also called a tether) anchored to the surface and extending into space. It is designed to permit vehicle transport along the cable from a planetary surface, such as the Earth's, directly into space or orbit, without the use of large rockets

So i mined out a large chunk of my planet and made this ridiculously large structure out of mega-blocks (10x10x10 blocks)

It took me several hours to make and I noticed some odd glitches I will share with you and Schema!

1. You can build about 300-400 meters into the sector ajoining yours
    2. gravity does not work when you get really high up, unless you take plex lifts to preserve it
    3. if you build above your sector, the structure actually moves one block at a time and you cant even stand on it :/
    4. the neiboring planet swoops right above the space station on the end of the sky-hook

here is looking up at the tower from the planet-ground level:

here is the base tower and the mine zone:

here is some of the Sky-hook:

here is the Space station at the end of the sky-hook, almost scraping a nearby planet, well within it's exo-atmosphere:

here is the dizzying view down from the edge of the station looking down at my homeworld:

Reaction score
    i found out that plex lifters bug if they any more than 20-30 long. so it didnt actually work work

and im extremely sad to announce, due to this alpha\'s instability, a map roll-back somehow wiped 80% of the construction. I know it must have force-saved, so im mystified as to why or how it rolledback

i built a smaller one, and it IS functional, but doenst go outside the sector like my old, glitchy one

ps: i wonder if the glitcy nature of it caused the rollback..... only speculation?