South African Starmade server

Would you be interested in a South African Starmade server?

• I'm interested

Votes: 4 57.1%
    • I'm not interested

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    Hi

We are thinking about starting a Starmade server hosted in South Africa.
    We would like to know if there are any South African Starmade players that would be interested in a South African Starmade server?

Any suggestions and questions are welcome.

Kind Regards

Reaction score
    Would be cool...doubt we'll get enough people tho. I normally play in the uk servers, ping is pretty average tho. 250 on a good night. :/

Reaction score
    Would be cool...doubt we'll get enough people tho. I normally play in the uk servers, ping is pretty average tho. 250 on a good night. :/
    Yeah I also used to play on UK servers, but it's always nice to have a local server. We currently have the machines to host a top quality Starmade server. Al we need is interest. At least 6 people or so would be sufficient. We'll see how it goes.

Reaction score
    Hmm.. SA STARMADE SERVER I CHOOSE YOU. do it do it do it.. properly though with website and such including area for donations! donations to help keep server up, idea of being funded to not return home from work to an offline server where all your hard worked on ships are stored.. wooo

Reaction score
    Hmm.. SA STARMADE SERVER I CHOOSE YOU. do it do it do it.. properly though with website and such including area for donations! donations to help keep server up, idea of being funded to not return home from work to an offline server where all your hard worked on ships are stored.. wooo
    I completely agree. Our servers have minimal downtime and low latency to most places in South Africa. We also have an excellent web designer to create and maintain an excellent interactive website.

We would be willing to support the costs of running the servers from our own pockets for a while, but we won't be able to pay all the hosting costs forever. So we will at some stage become more dependant of our donations to keep the servers up and running. In order to make this project a reality we will need to raise some interest before we go through with it.

We can however create a small temporary server for people to test out, but it will be vanilla and there won't be any staff members untill we get enough interest to recruit staff willing to put time into maintaining the server.