Sound effect Block

Reaction score
    I was thinking a lot about about starmade last night and i was wondering that if its possible to add a Sound effect Block were you places the block down press (R) and a menu will pop up for different sound effects that you can add to your ships or turrets and have a browser there available to import your own music this can support Mp3 and more , one selected simple press (C) on the block you wish to change the sound then press (V) on the sound block

i was think this can be us for as follow

Weapon's such as Cannon , Missile, Beam ect

engines

its just a thought see what people think of the idea

Reactions: DeepspaceMechanic

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Generally, like you described it, I say:
    It would work 'like or along' player-skins with bandwidth and data-size.

Client-only, using a standard-sound which can be enhanced by downloading an externally hosted sound file can work well.

Serverside synchronsiation and logic-interaction, for example for race events like "3...2...1...gogogo!" may or may not require to much bandwidth or online data size.

But there is a catch.
    If you modify clients (by playermade script) so that they interpret hull colours of a docked entity as musical notes, you can do it already.
    Using display block contents might be even easier - one note per character or pair of them.

If you want to go this way ... build ingame computer, fire different weapon compositions, interpret audio output, select file and time to play something in an external program.
    Or use console outputs, given the rules we have now.

Having the same complexity as mp3 would require similar file sizes (multiple instruments, synthesizer effects with individual parameters rather than default clean instruments and more).
    I don't know if that is gonna be supported officially fully or if a partial solution will be implemented to keep it light on digital ressources.