Some way to automatically connect storage to a storage network

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Ignore: I was trying to connect it in reverse. You can't connect storage to rail you have to connect rail to storage and docker to storage.

Yes, I am real lazy. Lazy to the point I built a means to off load cargo automatically rather than get out and undock and dock the cargo. Since I've automated hanger bays using the same principle to store may cargo modules will be easy. That allows for an entire automated warehouse except one factor. I have to still get out and connected the parked module to the network of storage to be drawn from. I can even automate it so that when it is empty it goes out on another track.

My suggestion is a storage connection network bock. The way it would work is the connection block is connect to another storage container. When a container is put up against it then it acts as a connection between the two containers.

That way we can put them in were we have storage containers and when a container comes in and is the storage box contacts it then it is automatically connected to the other storage systems.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Connect docking rail to station storage, connect rail docker to container storage, set station storage to pull and container to not pull or vice versa? Or am I misunderstanding completely?

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Connect docking rail to station storage, connect rail docker to container storage, set station storage to pull and container to not pull or vice versa? Or am I misunderstanding completely?
    Thanks, I was connecting it back wards. Tried going from storage to rail. That doesn't work you have to go rail to storage and docker to storage.

Funny I figured they would do something like that at first. Then after I tried hooking the storage to the rail and it didn't work I got all negative on it thinking that maybe there was a reason they couldn't do it. Which then led to this stupid suggestion.

thanks for correcting me.