Some Detailed Turrets

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    Hey everyone,

In StarMade, I've noticed a distinct lack of awesome looking turrets in the game. Most of what I've come across so far has just been turrets which resembles something you would see on a modern day battleship. Granted that is an efficient design for saving space in smaller turrets, I wanted to see if I could make something that was a bit on the larger side of things, able to look unique, and still pack a punch.

I am quite pleased with how things turned out, however it ended up being a bit larger than intended:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0uozks2ub3ncywi/exOGW_p7EJ

As a note: I do just want to add in that just because I haven't seen any awesome turrets doesn't mean that they aren't out there. I'd love to see any designs that you guys have in some comments below if you want to share!

Some Specs:
    L: 58m
    W: 50m
    H: 17m

I'd include shields/ power/ and damage, but I'm actually going to add an empty shell to download so you all can make your own unique damage turrets and shields. I do have one that is already furnished that I can upload if I get enough interest expressed, but that's up to you all. Anyways, let me know what you guys think!

Here is the link to the download of the empty hull:
    http://star-made.org/node/6685#comment-31084

And per request, here is the filled model:
    http://star-made.org/node/11174#comment-52330

This is what I originally made for self sustaining fire/shielding.

Reaction score
    It looks really nice. Would be cool to see it mounted to something though :3

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    I know exactly what you mean, however with it\'s size, there is no ship that I currently own, or one that I have found which has a space that would be large enough to support it, and not look \'silly\'. I am actually building a ship now that i think will be a good home for this beast, but 50x50 is a large size for a gun. :p

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    Thanks! I\'m cleaning it out right now so i\'ll add the download link as soon as i\'m done! ^^

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Try making a ship with the same look/design as the turret, so that they match.

It would probably look awesome!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    That\'s what i\'m working on now. I wanted to be as detailed as i could with the turret, giving it the look of armor plates, heat vents, moving componets, etc. So i\'m gonna go for a ship that follows the same design principles. Should look pretty nice. :)

Although, for the turrets to actually look nice with it the ship will probably fall somewhere between Titan and Planetoid according to Nameless.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    Haha, yeah, i had a friend tell me that as well. Since I made it with the intentions of it being a turret, the idea is a bit far fetched to me. However I actually just added the download link to the empty hull, so if you want to fly it around, feel free to do so. It\'s 100% customizable :)

Reaction score
    Im building a docking station for titans soon, with this i will be able to have a good looking defense

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I think I could mount one of those on each end of my space station when it is complete... Although it is gray and they wouldn\'t match so well, I think they\'d still be quite cool looking up there.

Reaction score
    Looked cool on the outside but the inside is a mess of hidden empty spaces and problems. Should have worked on a simpler inside Then turn the outside on something that looked fancy.

Reaction score
    Thats very cool. Id love to fire those main cannons. Perhaps as a station/planet turret?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    The inside is that way to allow one to fit as much as you possibly can. If I was to \'fill\' those spaces, then it would just be dead weight. if you have a hard time filling a hull, then it sucks to suck.

Reaction score
    nice turret, beutifull and powerfull. however i found that as a ship turret it wasnt as effecient as a station mounted turrets forming a massive kill zone. however when my latest build the laviathon a planetoid class ship meant for 1-7 people crewing it shall be incorperated and if they ever add editable signs i will place one in your honer, your awesome

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Your emblem looks very similar to my Daygr class. Just had to point that out.

Reaction score
    And Daygr sounds a lot like Vaygr. Half Life 3 confirmed.