[Solved] Error when changing memory setting/Allocating more ram

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Okay so i get this error after i change the Maximal/Initial and Early Generation memory (MB)

This has only just started happening after i changed the maximal/Initial etc memory.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

ErrorDialogException: ERROR-DIALOG-EXCEPTION:
    data//shader/bump.vert,
    data//shader/bump.frag

Link info
    --------
    Vertex attribute output count exceeds hardware limits
    LINK STATUS: 0

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Computer Specs -->

32 Bit os

Cpu- Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T7300 @ 2.00GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.0GHz

Ram- 4 GB's

Gpu- NVIDIA Geforce 8400M G

--------------------------------------------

This is what i have tried/not tried.

1. I have tried Changing the memory settings back to default but that still hasn't fixed it.

2. I am going to try rebooting my pc I will post if this fixes it or not

UPDATE: Rebooting pc did not fix it

3. Going to try and make a backup, Delete the whole star made folder, Re download the launcher and re install. Will update if it works or not.

UPDATE: Re installing didn't fix it, Must be something with my computer, "BeetleBear" thinks its something wrong with the Video driver, Guess it might be.

4. Updating driver software. Will update if works or not.

UPDATE: Updating driver software has fixed the problem but now i have a new problem

My NVIDIA control panel gives me an error when i try and open it, But i will fix this later.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Beetlebear, I have as stated above \"Reset the memory settings back to default which is -

512 Maximal Memory (MB)

256 Initial Memory(MB)

64 Early Generation Memory

Which is under 1 GB so that is not the problem anymore. Anyway it was working yesterday and the day before.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    How do i fix the problem i dont really understand?? cuz i have the same problem when i start and it have loaded to 100% That commes plz Help!

Reaction score
    Start the Starmade Launcher, and look top left Options menu, there\'s Memory settings. There is 2 tabs, Client & SinglePlayer, and Dedicated server. Set Maximal Memory in both of them to 1024.