sniper lazer

Reaction score
    Shadow sniper laser

The idea came to me when i was trying to snipe a enemy station from 1000m away and found it impossible to actually shoot the stations core or even shoot a ship so what I’m suggesting is a laser that allows you to zoom in and shoot exactly where you want to hit that way you can actually do some awesome sniping like a boss with a gigantic sniper canon that does 400 dmg per shot and shoots 50-100 times per second :P that’s my ships cannon, its overly powered lol, anyway the sniper laser would be incredibly expensive like 2000 creds per 1 being how powerful it would be (if combined with 10 or more) and how frequently people would use it and buy them.

Details:

(Only 1, not combined, remember all stats are debatable to get ideal stats [including price])

Damages:

10 to hull (normal hull [required 10 shots to get through 1 hull] if using piercing, 20 damage [requires 5 shots])

5 to hull (reinforced hull, [10 if using upgraded version of the laser, the piercing laser version] this means 20 shots to get through harder hulls [unless using the piercing lasers then it would be 10 shots.])

20-40 to all other systems, piercing lasers is 40-50

(Always critical hit to core) 100 to core (insta overheat)

(Not piercing)

Firing time: debatable (undecided probably 1 sec per shot [forces multi buy of the weapon])

Range: 1000-2000m (it is a sniper after all)

Speed: 500-1000 (it is a sniper after all the bullet has to be fast)

Energy usage: 1000

Radius: N/A

(Piercing)

Firing time: debatable (undecided probably 2 sec per shot [forces multiple buy of the weapon])

Range: 500-1000m (it is a sniper after all also they are heavier lasers...if lasers even have a weight value)

Speed: 500-1000 (it is a sniper after all the bullet has to be fast)

Radius: 2 (shrapnel lasers causes damage to nearby blocks but only low amounts)

Energy usage: 1500

Description:

Named after its creator, only known as ‘shadow’, this laser acts as a sniper by allows you to zoom with its optics to fire at unsuspecting enemies. Although the shadow sniper laser is very weak, when combined it is very powerful and is very reliable for ranged combat.

The sniper connects like its brethren of lasers, the antimatter laser e.c.t.

That’s all and thanks for reading this, hope you agree and it get added.

-shadow :j

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    You can essentially make a sniper given your AMCs have enough range.
    If you\'re trying to hit something in the next sector, it won\'t work (to my knowledge).

My Thunderclap cannon is capable of sniping. Sort of. http://star-made.org/content/testing-phase-thunderclap

Reaction score
    While interesting. I don\'t think its necessary at all to make this a completely new weapon. The more powerful you make your weapons the more range and damage you get. Push \'T\' next time and check out your Weapons Computer and look at your weapon stats. The ship I use easily has a distance of 1300M, and I can \"snipe\" pirate stations just fine, taking out their defenses.

The only thing I would really take out of this suggestion is the zooming feature. (Although you could probably just crank up your drawing distance for this.)