SMProHosting - The Official StarMade Host!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen

Welcome to SMProHosting!

SMProHosting is the first, and official hosting company for StarMade. We offer great services at affordable pricing! Our server range from your every day small server for you and a few friends to fly around on without worrying about getting shot out of the sky by some random ship; to our super powerful servers that you can advertise to the StarMade community and host 70+ players!

What has SMProHosting got to offer?

We strive to give you great support, if you're having issues with your server in any way chances are we can help!

Our prices are very affordable! We understand that you're not made of money, so we made our plans start at prices you don't cringe at.

We're official! That's right, we are the official hosting company for StarMade! So if you're skeptical of if our service is worth it, or if you can trust us, the answer is yes.

• 99.99% Uptime
    • 24/7 Support
    • Instant Setup
    • Zero Lag
    • 50Gbps network
    • Full File Access

Some other great things we have to offer:

So if you're a looking for a small place to relax with your friends, or to top the server listings be sure to check out our services over at: http://smprohosting.com

Reaction score
    Unfortunatly I am starting to think that SMPro Host is a big scam. Since I ordered the service i have yet to recieve any kind of response from their support staff, and I have not been able to play yet. Their FTP client seems to be a dummy meant to fool you into thinking it is functional, and it looks NOTHING like the demo they offered of what a multicraft server looks like.
    In addition to that, i havent been able to find a single person who can tell me that their SMPro server is up and running right this minute, but i have found many accounts of people claiming that they have been ripped off. I am one of those people.

If I have jumped the gun and made an unfair accusation, it is reasonable to have worried that the company boasting 24/7 tech support and 99.99% uptime could have days of outages and a totally absent support staff that could leave support tickets untouched for days and days.

they got me for $10, dont let them get you for anything.

My server is now online. No comment offered about the down time, and no explaination given for the lack of contact.

Reaction score
    smprohosting are the same guys as mcprohosting, and they\'re a legit company.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    They\'re not a scam, they worked for the first couple weeks I used em, however these past few days have been absolutely horrendous and I\'m most likely switching hosts. Really hope other people start to realize they\'re a bad service and they stop being the \"official\" starmadehosting service on the sidebar of the site.

Reaction score
    Ever since they updated to the latest patch, every SMProhosting server i see on StarMade-servers is offline. In the only repsonse I have recieved to a ticket, I got this:

----------------

Hello,

We are in the process of updating all servers to the latest version of StarMade. You should expect to see this update shortly, If the issue is not resolved within a reasonable amount of time please do not hesitate to contact me again.

We will notify everyone via email should anything come up. The update has caused a small bit of issues we are resolving now. Thank you for your patients and loyalty!

Thank you,
    Matt Wisniewski - GM

--------------

This was around 2 pm Yesterday (EST). There has not been a email telling me that \"anything came up\". Like the others... I am quickly becoming dissatified... Even a little information would have been nice... but nothing but a vague please stand by in 48 hours... Unacceptable. Facebook and twitter say nothing about the issue or expected \"get well\" either.

Reaction score
    After purchasing a 40 slot server for a month to try out the service me and my team were shocked by the uptime, the CPU load the server could take and the lack of customer support they offer. Thier uptime stats and declared information is a misleading sham. Please note that on thier uptime page http://smprohosting.com/new/uptime.php they hide the first 10 nodes which are dedicated to thier StarMade servers in an attempt to prevent new customers from seeing the state of thier servers incase new customers now the reality of thier uptime.

We also tested the server uptime ourselves by using a indepent monitoring system that we cannot bias see here: The dates 17th to the 20th were times when me and my team of admins were able to manually reset/start/restart the server. The team had to periodically intervene with the server to ensure we had a resonable uptime as the server hosts dont maintain a constant state for the server which was advertised. I and two members of my team all took three independant support tickets out to see the average reply time. I was the first to message and never recieved a reply, the second never recieved a reply and the third was replyed to after two days That is unacceptable!!!.

So in short i will sumarise.

If you have a server with them and it crashes or desyncs if using the control panel doesnt work then your screwed for about a day or so without any support or reassurance.

Thier prices are exstortionate compared to other providers below to name few:

https://jestservers.com/panel/cart.php?gid=102

http://nitrous-networks.co.uk/starmade

http://hp-hosting.co.uk/billing/cart.php

Little to almost no support to hosts.

No respect to paying owners.

One hosting location so you arent allow to allocate your server to a closer location to increase performance.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Can someone reply to my support request? My server has been down for 2 days. (at least)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Seriously where the hell are you people? All I want is for you to start my damn server so I can export some crap before I cancel my sub with this horrible service.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    They are shit i cancled mine with them and moved to jest servers they are alot bettet than these peices of crap

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    i cant even read their FAQ, the links to the questions do nothing....that speeks volumes about the company LOL, i am SO glad we went with a VPS

Reaction score
    I\'ve had this hosting for two months, and each and every time the game updates there is a lack of any motavation on the hosts part to, get things up quickly, it sometimes takes 2-3 days to update, now im no expert but when someone offeres a service like a server, its thier duty once they get paid to make sure its a good as possible, to get people to say nice things, and have repeat customers, i have had 5 dealings with thier tech support, needless to say after waiting and waiting, and seeing other servers being updated, and not getting what i paid for in a timely manner, let alone the lack of depth in the \"we are sorry for the delay\", ive had enough, im in the market for a new server, i dont recommend smp to anyone, for anything, if u want a server...serisouly look elsewhere......this one sucks....Now that ive vented my frustrations on you the reader if u know a good host, let me know.......thx

--kev--

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    The uptime is not accurate and false advertising. They need to remove that since we all know its an alpha game and there is no way that they are going to ever going have a total of 52.56 minutes of downtime allowed in a year with the claim of 99.99 uptime.

Furthermore, I have repeated trouble with the dashboard and it seems players do not ever leave the dashboard status until a restart of the server is performed. I suspect that this is a ram consuming issue as well.