Smarter turrets

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I realize that actually executing this would probably be a pain, but the ai for turrets should be a little bit smarter. I had just finished setting up a base on a planet complete with a large AMC turret that tears pirates to shreds as soon as it turns to face the target. Then the pirates showed up and started attacking the outer edge of the planet. Since the planet was in between the turret and the pirates, it was useless and the pirates were just continuing to attack the shielded planet, protected from my big turret which is trying in vain to shoot them. I get in my mining vessel to try to lure the pirates into the line of sight of my turret so it can blast them to pieces, which works except for one part. As I'm flying around getting my ass shot off by pirates, my turret is still targeting a pirate that's blocked by the planet, even though there are other pirates it could easily shoot at if it just changed targets.

Again I realize this would most likely be a pain to execute, but having a turret be able to change targets when there is a better target to be shooting at would be a great change if at all possible.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Setting the turret to \"Select Target\" may fix this problem, but I have not tried it myself.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    also turrets cant distinguish friendlies from enemies. the more turrets i set up the more im concerned with said turrets accidentally firing through my base or other ships in the event a pirate shows up