Small Ships

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Personally, I find an aesthetic and roleplaying appeal to flying a small or medium sized ships, but, in these relatively small ships, I hold no chance against gargantuan vessels like this one: http://star-made.org/node/5474

I would suggest small changes to the flight system so that, with proper strategy, smaller ships could provide some challenge to much larger ones (or atleast escape a fight with one of these big ships). These changes would allow for many different types of gameplay, rather than just building the biggest ship you can:

-Smaller ships should have an advantage speed-wise. Right now, with enough thrusters, even the biggest ships can reach top speed. I suggest that there

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    maybe you should realise that happens because you need lots of engines to move big ships, and people tend to add millions of engines onto big ships, making them as fast as small ships.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    how about work together? A squad of fighters and corvettes can take out anything

Reaction score
    Most people are smart enough to have more engines on a larger ships thus making there acceleration speed possibly just as good as any fighter

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    ^

yes like something like that vs a battlecruiser they will eventually wear down the shields and work their way to the core, but suprisingly, some people dont even put shields on their ships...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Smaller mass ships are more agile, use this to your advantage. You can simply kee moving behind him and out of his frontal attack of doom. That ship is also simi slow on accelleration, only 130% thrust compared to your possible 250%. For better advantages ask for the server speed to be increased form 50 to 125 and really shine.

Also, the ship linked is rather weak shield wise(Only about 10% Mass is shields rather than 20-35%), it also lacks turrets and fighter bays so you have a clear advantage against most people who would fly this kind of vessel. Just because they are bigger it doesn\'t mean they are better. Just well.. larger.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    They should have asteroid fields in the game. This would lead to some clever strategy and a heavy advantage for smaller more mobile ships. For example a big ship would have to blast it\'s way through but a small fighter will dodge between the asteroids avoiding fire.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I generally find it more advantageous to build small and compact, beyond my RP-ish desire to make it livable in, simply because it\'s harder then for enemies to aim and fire AMCs at me. It\'s actually pretty rare to see large ships with smart missiles in my experience, so a smaller ship has the advantage of being a smaller target that cannot easily be auto-targeted.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Unless they have exposed exhaust ports that lead directly to the core of the ship, naturally. Of course, that particuar example had IMPRESSIVE salvage cannon arrays, capable of destroying a planet after 10 minutes continuous fire. Of course, it was insignificant compared to the power of the Force.