Slaving Display Modules

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    A simple yet effective feature.

Being able to slave a display module to another "master" display module so that information could be updated among all slaved displays. This way you avoid the tedium of having to update each display manually. Restricted to the entity the displays are on of course.

Not sure if such a feature is already in game. I saw a thread discussing a "news network" system, but this is just ease of convenience for station work. Imagine being able to update all faction displays on a station at once. Just a thought I'd throw the idea out there.

Reactions: Malacodor
    Reaction score
    I really think this is a good idea. Could also make bulletin boards by updating the master, which updates the other blocks too.

Like for this.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Maybe add a frequency (read: password) variable/setting to displays, and any display "tuned" to that frequency will be slaved to the master display block that transmits on the frequency. This way displays in separate entities could share content.

Reaction score
    I like this a lot, especially for space stations and factions. I also wish we could combine the displays into larger screens.

Reactions: Bishamonten

Auriga_Nexus

Befriender of Worlds
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I like this a lot, especially for space stations and factions. I also wish we could combine the displays into larger screens.
    Either that or make it possible to make one GINORMOUS 72-pt font text display, something that can actually be seen from the cockpit of a ship 1000m off.

Speaking of which, are we still having issue with objects rendering when viewed from behind glass? Nevermind that was a rhetorical question, of course we are. My REAL question is is that something that will EVER be fixed?

Reaction score
    I was about to post a similar idea when I saw this. I would love to see the ability to slave a display to a warp gate computer and route that popup text to a display, instead of appearing above the computer visible to all. Just have the text disabled if it has a slaved display, and let us use a [masterText] variable or something

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Let me take a good idea one step further. Allow logical message switching on the same model as rail switching.
    1. Set multiple activators, each with an adjacent message block.
    2. Slave the same set of message blocks to each activator.
    3. When you activate an activator. The message on the adjacent block gets copied to all slaved message blocks.
    I'm imagining red-alert indicators, Captains message of the day. "Please wait, Airlock cycling", "Lavatory occupied", "Intruder Alert: Deploying Antipersonnel turrets", "Docked/Undocked"