Skin options

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Little suggestion.

Create an option to deny other players access to your original made skin. Makes no sense to me, if you don't want other player to have your skin, to enable the download for each skin on a server.

Just add this options: Allow skin upload to clients (TRUE / FALSE)

Skins should be personal. Creating a skin can be a hard job, and it's your own identity. Entering a server just to find our that someone else is using your own skin is a bit...

Discuss

Reaction score
    It wouldn\'t be as simple as that config option suggestion.

In order for someone to even see you in your custom skin, they have to download it.

So I\'m not sure how you would be able to make it unique really =/

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    McD, only the server needs to download that skin data, and send it to the players.

Do you see this happen in Minecraft??

I don\'t mind having the option to enable downloading, but that need\'s to be optional, not default.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    It happens in Minecraft too, it\'s just that the skin data is hidden away beyond seeing it on the other player, so you cannot simply take it without using an external program to search for that player\'s account to use their skin. You\'re always going to be downloading someone\'s custom skin when they arrive, it\'s really more of a matter to hide the .png file or obsfusticate it in such a way that other players cannot take it and use it as their own.

It\'ll probably decrease though if the skin-uploading-downloading system is sped up: I recall Schema saying on reddit that the skin system is slow enough for people to notice the text intentionally, as he doesn\'t want to risk it killing computers at this early stage. If it ever gets sped up to what it can be, probably the skin upload/download thing will be too fast for people to notice, so people won\'t know you have a custom skin until they meet you in-game in observable distances, as in Minecraft and other games with custom skins.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    technical arguments aside, do your agree that this options should exist?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yes, but that option would also prevent other players seeing your skin, which can be desirable, I suppose.

I\'d personally rather see some way of having skins be seen without being downloaded in a format can be immediately uploaded to the website.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    that\'s the point of all this thread, technicall details apart.