Site blueprint categories

Reaction score
    I was taking a look at the available blueprints on the site, and already there are 3 pages of completely randomly sorted ships.

I think it would be nice to have some sort of category system based on for instance block count (so you can search for fighters for example)

EDIT: even having a simple split between player skins and ships would be pretty usefull...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    There are categories of ships, skins, texture packs, etc. However, maybe the ships should be organizable by stats (Length, mass, DPS, shields,)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I would at least like the ability to sort by mass. Maybe a display ships within a minimum and maximum mass range? Could do the same for other ship stats as well such as width height and length. I was having trouble the other day looking for a very small fighter ship with no luck the other day. I ended up just buying and modding an Isanth IV.

Reaction score
    I'd like to see a few subcategories for things like original player creations by class (as per mass classification) and or partially built ships requiring other player assistance to help finish. and then 'non original' ships from TV and Film. And then maybe even additional subsets for Star Trek / Star Wars etc.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    We have tags, so we should be able to do things like #original, #inspired, #replica
    Still, being able to sort by stats would be good.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    If by tags your referring to the rather basic "Ships, Stations, Mods" etc etc then we do have those. I'm suggesting we add the ability for players to tag their items such as "Replica, Cruiser, UNSC" etc etc.

Not always will these be included in the name of the ship. Someone could make the mistake of naming their UNSC Pelican just plain dropship. :/

MeRobo

Scrub
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    The problem with sorting by class is that the definition of a cruiser (as an example) can differ quiet a lot in size.
    A category for templates would be nice though.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I find classes of ships vary depending on the server. Some classify their ships by role as opposed to mass too, like I do. I do like the idea of tags to sort replicas, orginals, variants, refits, etc.