simpleModular weapons and armour

Reaction score
    I see nearly daily suggestions about weapons and armour and they are usually very complicated and specific.

I suggest simple everyone already has armour like they already have a gun, and they bot have slots.

a gun with an amc in the slot is an amc, a gun with a d1000 in the slot is a d1000 I think having a few slots would be best, allowing players to juggle power and some other bits, to make diffrent guns doing diffrent damage.

armour should also be a multi slot item, maybe 3x3 equipment slotmaybe more,coloured armour would reprasent the colour of the armour slots, and extra slots could be used for trusters or shields or extra armour.

I haven't really flushed out this idea at all, but I'm more intrested in community discussion of it. I think if a few of us pitch ideas around and shoot the bad ones down,

Reaction score
    I love the sound of customizeable equipment;
    Got some things to add:
    I like the grid idea, what about parts you can add, and different types of armor and guns/rifles, for example you can add shield modules to your armor to add shields to your suit, also oxygen modules to get air in space, as theyre gonna add the need of air later on, thrusters to move in space, armor plates and all thst.
    Also scops/coolrs or such for the weappns, anyway greeat idea, btw im on my phone so I most likely made some spelling errors.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    what about adding power generators and tanks as well? using your weapons, sheilds or thrusters would drain your energy reserves. More advanced, rarer suits would have more slots. Better weapons would require more blocks, and would take more power per shot

Reaction score
    I think optics like a personal zoom feature or binoculars could be done by adding simple glass blocks. keeping it simple and down to things we already have in game, means less work for schema.

Reaction score
    I think the strategy of it all it the finite number of slotss, finding the right combination that suits you, you could change your suit layout for planet side pvp or astroid mining. in space trusters and oxygen would be important while planet side shields and armour.

Reaction score
    Not to forget radio/comm devices, med kits/med system, backpack or storage systems, flashlights, solar shields for solar station repairs wich could absorb solar energy to supply energy to bases, ...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    So there wouldn\'t be a stratergy in using it, just creating it? No reason not to fly around at boost all the time, not reason not spam your anti-tank rifle all over the place, as opposed to a rifle that won\'t one-hit everyone?