Simple Discovery/Scouting Missions

Reaction score
    Shop NPC's hand out mini-quests that consist of you going to an undiscovered station, scanning it, then going back. You get a credit award based on how far the journey was.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    honestly, i'd prefer the system get fully implemented at once with a factions update and lots of unique missions.

alterintel

Reaction score
    • Likeable
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    This is a good idea for getting newbies some startup cash.

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Eh, this might be a basis for a full mission system that could be expanded later. Exploration and bounty hunting missions would be a reasonable beginning.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    Sounds nice.
    Very simple, easy to implememnt (As far as i can say), boring on the long time, but better than nothing.
    Quest 1: Scan undiscoverd Station or Planet
    Quest 2: Take out piratestation
    Quest 3: Transport something to shop/tradingstation XY

Reaction score
    Eventually I would like to see the quest system expanded on to include things like tutorial quests (build/craft this etc), mini games (racing, ground combat arena etc) and the like, but exploration (go here) and bounty hunting (take out this ship/station) are a pretty reasonable starting point.

Since the quests are going to be based on LUA scripting (if I didn't dream that fact :p ) I imagine a fair few quests will be community generated. The quest system is one of the things I'm really looking forward to seeing come to fruition.