Should missiles home on the core?

Reaction score
    I am fairly new to the game and have been playing around with weapons lately, and one thing I have noticed is that missiles seem to be the go-to in most situations. I think it mostly has to do with the AI not really paying attention to them at this time (unless its a PD turret) and the fact that in some instances the missiles are actually invisible for some reason and are impossible for players to shoot down. I'm not sure I would call them OP because once that's fixed I feel they will be much easier to counter. The one thing i have been thinking about, is..why the heck do they lock onto the core?! I can kind of understand with laser/missile combo due to the wonder known as the radar jammer, but it seems kind of weird that heat-seekers would home on that as opposed to power, thruster, or weapon systems.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    They lock onto the core because that is the only chunk of blocks that is guaranteed to be there I assumed. Most systems in starmade are centered around the core, and if stations are any indicator, missiles don't even look at where blocks are, they just head straight for the Nav icon (which is right above the core). Probably will get fixed someday (so to avoid the empty empty issues on stations mainly).