Should I get back into Starmade?

Reaction score
    I haven't played this game since 2017, I think the last major update i remember playing was the carrier one. But I was wondering if there have been any substantial updates that could be fun for an old-timer like me to reinstall the game and try out? Also, I completely lost all my old info so id probably have to rebuy the game haha

Reactions: EchoWhiskey11
    Reaction score
    Starmade is something I've kept on my computer for a long time. There's not very much that has changed, some balance tweaks, UI improvements and the game is A LOT less prone to crashing. For me though, Starmade is a casual game/art platform. It's really easy to run, takes up little space, and visually it still holds up as one of the better voxel games I've played. If I had to re-buy the game again I probably would. It's one of those games that if you like the genre, it doesn't really get old, at least in my opinion.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Single player still can be fun, but for multiplayer nobody really plays anymore so unfortunately nothing to do there

Reaction score
    It can be fun but I would recommend you spend your time in any other space sandbox.

Reaction score
    I don't know, it's been a while since I played Starmade. It used to be fun before the big power update that did things like take away chain drives which were actually needed to get to other galaxies if you wanted to avoid getting ganked quickly. :/ I wish they'd give us some kind of replacement like maybe a galaxy gate... they could always force players to use a blackhole to power it. It'd be interesting trying to build near a a black hole without getting crushed or pulled in.

Reaction score
    I would say no, star made is not worth the effort and the prospect of ever seem the Universe Update seem minimal at best at this point.
    Sad really as starmade had one of the best build enviroments at some point but now it's just a relic of a forgotten past, personally i am going for Dual Universe that is in open beta now

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I would say no, star made is not worth the effort and the prospect of ever seem the Universe Update seem minimal at best at this point.
    Sad really as starmade had one of the best build enviroments at some point but now it's just a relic of a forgotten past, personally i am going for Dual Universe that is in open beta now
    Subscription based, no thank you.

Personally I'm hoping to find something thats half Starmade, half Factorio.

Reaction score
    I don't think there's any real populated servers right now, and single player is as lacking as ever. Possibly even worse than ever in some respects, as the various NPC assets are all holdovers from different versions of the game. It's also looking increasingly like the universe updates and things like crew etc are never coming, so the game is still basically space lego.

It is good space lego though. Rails are fun, carrier mechanics are fun etc