Shops and Economy

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I was just having a conversation with my roommate and I have a few suggestions about how the Starmade Econmy could be improved. If you have ever played skyrim you'll know about how bartering works, shops have a certain amount of currency that they can use to buy things from you and when the run out of gold you will get nothing for the items you give to them. I think this could be a very game changeing way for Starmades economy to evovle. Another suggestion would be to have multiple shop types so that one shop dosnt have all the materials in the game. I also would suggest a decrease in how much certain items are worth and making items cost more.

I know this is alpha and we want to be able to get everything and test it and make sure it works first before making the game last longer. But right now I can drag my mining ship around the bottom of a planet and be set on money for quite awhile.

Any thoughts on this let me here it.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    A nice solution to the catalog system being exploitable as well.

before they implement all the things which make the game hardcore and economy viable and all that, I\'d like them to make \"creative\" servers with unlimited resources in shops and unlimited money.

I wanna make my pretty ships without dealing with all the BS beforehand.

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    If anything, I think now is the time to discuss these things so Schema knows what everyone thinks before he changes the economy up.

I\'d like to add that I believe spawning ships from the catalog should first check for materials in your inventory and use those if applicable for highly reduced cost, then check the shop for materials and use those for normal cost, then if there are any leftover missing blocks needed for your ship blueprint it charges an additional fee for those blocks. It would make the catalog less cheap, more tied into block acquisition, and give more incentives to protect and use shops.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The still-downturned economy is trigger employers to stretch their employees further and further, says a recent study. That craze, the report indicates, is liable for rising job burnout among American employees. If you need money while waiting for a new job, get a cash assistance.