Shipyard stopping build at 49.5%

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Ok so decide to use the shipyard here recently. It stops at 49.5% of build. It says there is no material for certain things. However I look in the one single storage container / cargo unit and it shows all the materials and a lot more being there.

however this is stupid. Because on the resource list for missing items is power capacitors.
    I look out the window and can see a good number it put in. So it obviously found the stock of them. But it for whatever reason can not find the 11000+ remaining ones to fill the order of 1000 or so.

Anyone else or just me having this type of issue?

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    on the resource list for missing items is power capacitors.
    I look out the window and can see a good number it put in.
    Remember that the ship in construction out the window is just poofing random blocks into existence; they don't need to exist in the recipe. They're just an abstraction. What the shipyard seems to do is take the total % of blocks filled, pick random blocks from the blueprint, and spawn them in, regardless of whether or not the blocks have been actually consumed by the shipyard yet. To test this, try making a design that is a giant block of black hull and a giant block of white hull, try and build it, and only put some white hull in the shipyard. What should end up happening, if I understand the system correctly, is that you should see random black and white hull floating in the shipyard.

...As for your actual issue, though, no idea.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Remember that the ship in construction out the window is just poofing random blocks into existence; they don't need to exist in the recipe. They're just an abstraction. What the shipyard seems to do is take the total % of blocks filled, pick random blocks from the blueprint, and spawn them in, regardless of whether or not the blocks have been actually consumed by the shipyard yet. To test this, try making a design that is a giant block of black hull and a giant block of white hull, try and build it, and only put some white hull in the shipyard. What should end up happening, if I understand the system correctly, is that you should see random black and white hull floating in the shipyard.

...As for your actual issue, though, no idea.
    Either way the list of blocks it says it didn't have it most certainly did. It was able to deposit the blocks in the first place into storage then for whatever reason can't take them back out. It seems only able to use the blocks it was able to store in the shipyard computer itself.

I started this by deconstructing a ship to blueprint. The shipyard to the ship apart and stuck most the parts in the storage provided. It kept some in its own inventory.
    I then modified the ship and made sure the required additional blocks were added. Yet, it for some reason can't find the blocks it itself placed in inventory.

BTW thanks for info.