Shipyard: Additive Blueprints

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    This calls back to an idea I posted on the old site for being able to weld structures together. It also answers the intent of this thread: http://starmadedock.net/threads/suggestion-for-shipyards-stage-based-building.6493/

What if we could "layer" shipyard designs?

Layered Blueprint Building
    1. Build a structure that will be used repeatedly across your ship or fleet. (trek warp nacelles come to mind)
    2. Save it to a design in the shipyard, and then unload the design to clear the yard.
    3. Build or load your primary ship without the repeatable part.
    4. Place a shipyard core on your virtual primary ship.
    5. Return to the shipyard computer, and from there "Load additional blueprint"
    6. Select the blueprint of the part you which to attach. Select or not, the option to reflect the part (across the Y/Z plane). Select which structure to favor on block conflicts, or disallow addition if there IS a conflict.
    7. Watch as the part you previously constructed appears as part of your existing structure.

Layered Blueprint Rail Structures
    When you select "Create attachment" add an option to "attach from design"

Astronaut mode welding:
    Shoot a rail docker with your hand-laser.
    The rail docker, the rail, and the docked core all become grey hull, and the docked structure becomes part of the primary structure, exactly where it is.

Reactions: ltmauve

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    This is an excellent idea. Though, I think you could skip the "place a shipyard core..." part. I think it could be possible to be working on your ship, click some button "load additional blueprint" as you suggest, and be able to manipulate a hologram part into place on your ship.