Shipwright

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Ok, I just had an idea, what if you could build a ship and sell it for profit? Think x3 terran conflict and the shipyards except you design and build instead of share (optinal). The entire ship is turned over from one person to another. Players can visit your shipyard and look at the ships for sale, even enter them to see the inside and make a purchase from a list just like the shops? They would have a blueprint to reproduce it but not the ability to sell it like you did (unless there are royalties?). Your thoughts?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Nice idea, to be able to build a hangar for selling ship in your own station, and why not, a shop too, which has no limit of 10 000 units (in your cargo, you can have even a million units, so it shouldn\'t be a problem), a shop with default prices or where you put the prices, but still, it\'d be great to have such feature.

Though they first have to fix the bugs, important improvements about loading and such stuff while adding features, so this could take a bit to appear, if it gets confirmed.

Reaction score
    I would also love to see that player owned shipwright have the ability to purchase \"repairs\", basically give you a new ship of its purchased schematic type while refunding you the blocks in your curret damaged version of that schematic ship (only charge to replace lost/destroyed blocks)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yeah I am always for bug squashing first then, features later.

Good idea for a quick repair feature Calbiri. I hate having to go through my ships innards searching for missing or damaged blocks. Also if the repair laser was able to restore lost blocks (at a cost or if you have the block in inventory, and able to go through repaired blocks) it would be usefull for when you are away from your station or can\'t afford one.

Reaction score
    how about making personal/fanction/public ship saves, to promote unique ship styles/designs, maybe give a % of each puchase cost to the creator

Reaction score
    It might also be interesting to have a method of spawning a few faction air/mobs on a timer up to 5 total at once or something, you place the block, choose the schematic, deposit a certain amount, then it autos pawns up to X ships and can replace them at like 1per five minutes, never exceeding the Max X number, and stopping once the deposit is spent