Ships maneuverability and powers

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Perhaps it has already been wroten.

I have several suggestions:

1. Ships maneuverability. I think its need to be less speed, when flying backwards, and to sides. Because, its now illogical to fly full speed at backwards.

2. Engines (Hyperflux coil thruster) ( the same with SD HCT XM 3.4 power). Now its a best to build 1 thick strips to get maximum benefits. Block has 6 walls. Maybe it would be beter if thurst power depend on how much they are in contact. Example: 1 block with 1 wall contact given 2 power, with 2 contacts - 2.5, 3 contacts - 3 .... (something like that ) .

P.s. Sorry if i writing with grammatical errors.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    How would a symetrical ship be limited to fly only forward at max speed?

You don\'t need thrusters for speed, only for accelleration/decelleration. And break/strafe is sometimes more important above 3:2 thrust:mass ratio (or 1:2 if the server\'s speed and dampening are default).

I don\'t know if a big borg-cube thruster box or multiple long + shaped strips are more effecive - dimension vs bonus by number per grid.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Currently Thrusters are most efficient if you set them up similar to power modules, they just do not get as much of a boost.