Ship Sizes

Reaction score
    Ship sizes: Post them.
    Size of any ship, ships you use to run around servers in, shuttles, fighters, dropships, corvettes, frigates, ships you just found floating around, anything.

I need this for... reasons.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    ok then

starmade-screenshot-0055.png starmade-screenshot-0089.png
    this is my biggest vessel i use though lately i have not been able to since my starmade keeps crashing for no apparent reason it is a 1:1 scale nebula class the pics are a bit old (there has been more detailing ) but they show the size well i think most people who i have show call it a titan for some reason i don't think its that big personally since i use star trek scale for ship sizes i would class this as a capital ship

Reaction score
    My main shuttles are 17 x 9 x 21 and my small transport boards are 10 x 4 x 3.
    Everything else I have was built in the 480 x 150 x 250 dock in my workshop.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    I only have one standard size anything, and that is a shuttle. I created the smallest ship I could aesthetically manage where the pilot would remain inside the vessel when they exited the ship core. The dimensions are 9m long, 5m high, and 7m wide. It requires one docking expansion block to fit, making it easy to arrange for. It has been so successful that it is considered the standard shuttle craft for everyone on my server (when they want something more than a ship core.)

Any other ship I've built had no set size, they just ended up being what they ended up being. They range from 63m long to 632m long.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    My standard shuttlecraft and fighters are at most 17x17x9 (though most of them are shorter) because of docking sizes.

My corvettes also have a standard size, don't remember what is is right now (about 70x30x15, I think)

Largest ship I've made is about 430x330x120

Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    My daily driver is 27x10x15 (x,y,z) including the turret (and gap). I used it to visit the stations in the contest; some would let me dock though several areas were too small. A couple of hangars were an inexplicably perfect size. Another I was able to get into due to the shape of my ship, though I'm afraid I owe them a few containers of paint.
    My salvage pod which I also frequently use as a shuttle is 9x6x12.
    My largest is 141x33x162 plus a few for the top turret. It seems to be in a continuous state of needing something to be refit.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    My main shuttles are 17 x 9 x 21
    My shuttle (The "Fat Puddle Jumper") has a size of 17x 8y 21z
    I uploaded it in the community section.

It was the smallest possible Puddle-Jumper replica from StarGate that can support perma-jaming, has 2x 1x2x7 dumb missile modules on the sides and can also charge the jump drive (5% of ship mass) in a reasonable time (when jamming is not active at the same time)

It also has 16 medical cabinets and 2 medical supplies as well as a few plex storages and empty wall/floor space for extensions below the seat-wedges and in the cockpit or as replacement for the medical cabinets.

I'd say 9x8y15z to 17x13y23z for Shuttles and very small fighters are common sizes if they also have some systems and RP stuff in them.

For the average fighter I would build a dock size two times an Isanth and extend it to a multiple of 3x2y6z.
    35x19y31z? then it's 35x23y70z​

You can also build multiple docks in the same area thus the area can hold one long isanth OR 2 normal isants OR 6 small shuttles...[DOUBLEPOST=1414747732,1414747108][/DOUBLEPOST]There is a thread about Hyperflux racers with these dimensions:
    Microcoil <= 15-8-30 in any order
    Midcoil <= 20-12-40 in any order
    Hypercoil <= 35-20-75 in any order
    Where you may have problems to fit through checkpoints if you use high or width as longest axis (30/40/75).

These competitions may set a standard size sooner or later.

Last edited:

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score

300m long.

I fly around a capital ship because I really, REALLY hate being caught off guard by random combat.
    At least with this, I have the shields and whatnot to react to a threat instead of being instantly vaporized.

I won't fly anything bigger than it for general usage, though, since it already turns slowly enough. :u

If I'm just getting started on a server, I'll fly one of my ships in the 4k mass range until I have the credits for the above ship.

Reactions: CyberTao