Ship packages and constructions

Reaction score
    So it just occurred to me that being able to package a ship into an item could have a use.

For instance, a server admin might choose to start new players off with a small ship. This could most easily be done by haivng a package block type which is assigned a ship design which could be deploied at any place with no obstructions.

Also, it'd be pretty cool if there was a sort of construction area/zone which could be defined like a docking area, but it could build ship designs at a rate of X blocks/min and used up plocks stored in some input or storage. Maybe you could feed it a ship package (which theoretically contains all the materials for the design it represents anyways).

Reaction score
    I like this \"ship package\" idea, and schema has already hinted that he has plans for a construction area on this thread: www.star-made.org/content/constructor-module

Carry on fellow astronaut, and keep the suggestions incoming.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    it sounds great. As a standard player tool, it\'s pretty damn powerful. A ship in a capsule is a lot of potential insanity to carry around.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Wow. I can\'t believe ship packages and constructions is here at star made. I\'ve been looking for it for my research to be done at bobcat colombia

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Thanks for sharing this information, this will be a big help for us especially the newbies in this game. I like how this game is going on because it exites me on each level that Im going through with a lot of trials and obstacles you need to pass in order to earn more points and to earn more power.

doosan colombia

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Rather than having the entire ship be \"packaged\" into something portable, why not have a disk with the plans of the ship that can be used on an automatic construction machine near some stores (or able to be made one\'s self using a process scimilar to docking modules but requiring power? This way players can start out issued with one of several disks that will allow them to recieve a ship from one of these manufacturies, or disks of currently available ships could be traded on an individual basis. Someone has a really awesome ship that they don\'t want exploding everywhere? Make a single disk and give it to one person. It still could get out of hand, but at least it imposes some measure of control.

Plus, sorry, I mock the idea of carying around a star destroyer in your pocket, even if it IS possible to carry the materials. Carying only the plans is a way to possibly moderate that, and remove the tactical..... issues that could come up if people try things like, oh I don\'t know, spawning huge numbers of allied AI craft in battle.