Ship not saving

JWA

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Every time I quit the game, my ship has reverted to a much earlier version when I log back in. I did force_saves, and multiple catalog entries throughout the build, but they all spawn the old version. This has crippled my ability and motivation to play since hours of work are gone. I don't see this as a commonly posted issue so I am assuming I am doing something wrong. Is there a different save command, or mode I should be in so things will save? The newer catalog entries are there, they just aren't as I saved them. Any help is appreciated.

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    This is something new. Let me ask a few questions:
    You are playing in Single Player mode, correct?
    What other commands do you typically use while you are buildling?
    Does your game have a very low FPS or other wise seem laggy with very long ping times?

JWA

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Thank you for replying so quickly!

Yes, I am in single player sandbox mode.

The only commands I use are to give myself blocks since I just got the game so I am playing with building. Is it possible I am not saving correctly? I mean I assumed /force_save preserved the universe with any spawned ships, and that making a catalog entry would save the ship but I didn\'t exactly read many instructions ;)

Actually the game is quite responsive, I am very impressed!

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    There is a chance, a very slim chance, that the ship you are editing is right on a sector boundry. If you can fly it just a little farther into the middle of one sector or another that might _might_ fix the problem. This is based solely on a hunch. But in my mind it is the only explaination that makes any sense.

The other explainations involve malicious space gnomes or your computer being tampered with via the warping of the time continuum. There are more i my head and are even sillier.

JWA

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Lol I hear ya...

Ok this may not be what I thought it was. I tried flying around, and switching to new sectors. Didn\'t make a difference. After quite a bit of testing I found something interesting though. I added a long section to a ship and saved, then restarted the game. As I feared the ship was not saved, but then I noticed a small part of that long section was still there. Does that indicate anything? A graphics issue or corrupted saves? Still doesn\'t explain why ship saves made at different points in the construction all revert to the same version...

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    You might have a bad install of the game. Try it one more time as-is but run as admin and just for giggles turn the sound off too (in the launcher).

IF that does not work then try downloading a fresh copy. You can message me from the Support tab for the link.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Having the same problem with my multiplayer server.

Yesterday we where 4 users on the server playing for about 8 hours.
    This morning when we logged in our big ships where gone and we
    where spawned on the first planet we landed on with our inventory
    matching what we had at that time.

We started building mining ships today and wanted to see if we could save.
    Everyone logged out, i forced a save, i logged out (inside my ship) and then
    i pressed shut down server.

After a computer restart we logged in to find ourselves without ships but at the same
    places we had logged out. We had the right inventory and credits but no ships.

JWA

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I tried two things and one of them fixed it. For one thing I had installed out of the downloads folder since I assumed the installer would give me a chance to choose a directory. I\'ve had trouble with running games out of download folders, probably because of virus protection. I also got the new copy manually downloaded. In any event while I wasn\'t able to recover my ship files, the game seems to be saving now.

Thank you. You will all be terrorized by my dreadnought soon ;)