"Ship Merchant"

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    This has probably been suggested before.

I see a lot of people asking others to build ships for them. Sadly, once a ship is given they can just be saved and cataloged. For ship builders like myself I think a privacy option should be available. Kind of like a copyright.

This would work by having the option selected, then when the ship is built from catalog, the ship core is "copyrighted." Causing cataloging options to be disabled for that ship core.

This eliminates the ship being purchased from the builder and cataloged. Causing the customer to return to the builder for a new copy, repair it himself, or make a copy manually (piece by piece) from another ship core.

By doing this we give builders a place in the Star Made universe. We can be the used car salesman of Star Made. :D

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    If you make it so that when you creat your ship it remeber your name as this:

Owner: [Insert name of ownrt] (You by default and the owner can edit this)

Desinger: [Your name] (easy : its locked to the creators name (Only he can save it) Harder : same but you could \'give\' the desinge to someone else)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Or it could have an option in the catalogue to make the ship purchasable only by a set of people, with the cost of the ship being increased by say... 10%, with the original cost of the ship being payed out to the original builder, and all ships spawned from catalogue can\'t be catalogued again, a fresh core is needed.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    After Creating a blu print. You can chos ho can bay your ship. (You, Facshon or All)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I fully support being able to charge a small commission for other people using my blueprint, and having myself credited for it. And yes, not being able to reproduce the blueprint would be nice - but I might want to have a design proliferate as much as possible, so I think having the no-reproduction feature should be an optional thing.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Your idea is definitely a +1 vote with me.

This alongside my http://star-made.org/content/factory-enhancements-building-suggestions factory ship building suggestions instead of instant pay with money building work work so good. Creating and selling ships this way would rock (along with copyright protection on the ship after it has been created with the blueprint)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Of course people would try to copy stuff but that wouldnt detract from the game at all imho as it would be \'Cheap copys\' VS \'The Orginals\'

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    If you don\'t want people using your blueprints, don\'t publish them. Blueprints are meant to be shared.

2hu

Reaction score
    Schema already owns all your ship designs. Does it matter what rights he pretends you have over them?

2hu

Reaction score
    I think it would be a lot better to require players to enforce it themselves. This adds a layer of complexity and require players join some larger governing body, as otherwise there won\'t be enough centralized power to destroy the vile, community-spirited, sharing scum that dare allow others to benefit from your design. Like the real world, players will need to create factions or groups within factions that will hunt down unauthorized copies and copiers. Making this a hard game mechanic will remove this opportunity for improving the social aspect of this game. If people really want this feature then it has the means to emerge on its own.