Ship Gui selection

Reaction score
    OK, so the default gui is ok but what if you could select multiple ones or a different one when you spawn the ship. Just for a different look instead of just one GUI for the ship when you enter it.

Reactions: Valck

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    A new GUi is in the works and you will be able to customize it with your own textures when it is released.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    what vanhelzing said. it will hopefully come out before christmas

Reaction score
    A new GUi is in the works and you will be able to customize it with your own textures when it is released.
    No like when you spawn your ship, there will be a little tab above "type your ship name in" that will say choose a gui and you just select one

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    No like when you spawn your ship, there will be a little tab above "type your ship name in" that will say choose a gui and you just select one
    ahh now i get it. you mean a custom gui for each ship. that would be really cool. The alien like ships have a alien like gui. me want!

Reactions: BaseHead808

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    It would be a cool feature, but I think that is something that players should still design and download themselves. Players will always want a new skin for the GUI if that option is available and the devs only have so much time.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    sounds more like it should be a mod rather than an official game feature

Blakpik

Angler
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    what vanhelzing said. it will hopefully come out before christmas
    Really? Christmas is pretty close, it is the 24th over here.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1419346835,1419346586][/DOUBLEPOST]I think that UIs should be able to be plonked into a blueprint folder, so that any time that ship is loaded, it has that UI. Not sure if it is possible but the idea of UIs being PART of a ship, kinda like a player skin, but for a ship.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    It's fine if each GUI theme has to be made by the player base, but the dev team will need to build the option into the game to select different GUI themes by ship. I want it. I love it. I need it.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    YES all of this. Different GUIs for different ships and all. I want my mothership to have a different GUI than my fighters. DIfferent GUIs for everything.