Ship Dodging

Reaction score
    This concept introduces two blocks:
    The B.L.U.E. computer- This block controls the distance, triggers, and direction the ship will be positioned.
    Distance can be set between side-by-side and about 2000m away. Triggers can be things such as being hit, on command, randomly/when charged, or when a ship is in close proximity. Direction is either towards an enemy ship, towards a waypoint/selected object, or randomly.
    The B.L.U.E. module- Consumes about ~750-1000 power per block. The charge time for a system is dependent on the power generation.

Put all together: Many ships may find it hard to fight back when under attack from another ship, or would like to dodge much of the incoming fire. I give you the B.L.U.E. system, allowing ships to effectively dodge oncoming fire. This system allows a ship to jump within the sector into any position they want, or randomly. There are, of course flaws, as any system has: It is affected by the jump inhibitor and whenever a ship jumps, docked entities and shield regen is disabled for 4-7 seconds.

Thank you for reading!
    PS: B.L.U.E. is just a random name. Feel free to make another one.

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Though I feel this would be more annoying than useful in the long-run, it's probably possible with area detectors, I dunno if you can missiles or cannon shot but if you can you could link the area detector to a strong pull beam on a docked entity.

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    I disagree with this idea and offer a counterpoint that you can do this already in the game using existing systems.