Ship design

Reaction score
    View attachment 5669 What do you think of my ship design?

Inspired from Battlestar Galactica, I'm already building it.[DOUBLEPOST=1414779545,1414779511][/DOUBLEPOST]## SORRY FOR THE BAD DRAWING ##

Reaction score
    What do you think of my ship design?
    What I think is irrelevant. What matters is what you think (it's your ship!).

For reference, what I think (which is irrelevant) is...

As a very rough estimate, I'd assume it'll be around 18 million blocks. For the blueprint system, the average "price per block" typically works out to around 420 credits (assuming 1 layer of hardened hull). That means you're mostly looking at a ship that's going to cost about 7.5 billion credits to replace if anything happens to it, or to purchase if you upload it onto any multi-player server.

7.5 billion is above the 2 billion credit limit.

What this means is that you won't be able to use it anywhere except single-player (where you can use admin commands to "cheat"). For single-player, it's likely that you can kill pirates with something slightly smaller (it's overkill). After taking both these things into account, I can't see the point of building the ship.

Reaction score
    What I think is irrelevant. What matters is what you think (it's your ship!).

For reference, what I think (which is irrelevant) is...

As a very rough estimate, I'd assume it'll be around 18 million blocks. For the blueprint system, the average "price per block" typically works out to around 420 credits (assuming 1 layer of hardened hull). That means you're mostly looking at a ship that's going to cost about 7.5 billion credits to replace if anything happens to it, or to purchase if you upload it onto any multi-player server.

7.5 billion is above the 2 billion credit limit.

What this means is that you won't be able to use it anywhere except single-player (where you can use admin commands to "cheat"). For single-player, it's likely that you can kill pirates with something slightly smaller (it's overkill). After taking both these things into account, I can't see the point of building the ship.
    I don't really care about multi-player since I really don't have any server to play on. But thanks for the reply anyway :D

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    View attachment 5669 What do you think of my ship design?

Inspired from Battlestar Galactica, I'm already building it.
    It's looking good! You'll probably want to create all kinds of details. I draw the same way manually, which is why I started using OpenOffice/LibreOffice (free to download), specifically LibreOffice "Draw" to draw my pictures. That way, not only do I get straight lines, but I can snap to a grid, so I can make sure the lengths are accurate block lengths. Plus, I can zoom to any detail level, including the overall plan. Plus, plus, I can select a bunch of details at once and stretch them to a new length, whether I want to make my ship longer or shorter in any dimension.

However, I may take my visualizations to the next level and start building plans in POV-Ray. I still get the super-accuracy, plus I'd get more accurate detailing, and full 3D visuals, both perspective and orthogonal, and if I am feeling really adventurous, 3D animation. I used it once to simulate a StarMade hallway concept and how it would look in first-person perspective.