Ship core slaves

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Hello, guys I'm new here and to Starmade, I only started playing about 4 days ago. I've been playing around with turrets for the past two days and I've been having trouble with using two separate cores because I had to switch between them all the time and it was especially anoying when placing blocks.

So I was wondering if it would be possible to use the slave system between ship cores. Maybe not ship cores but have like a block with similar capabilities which you could connect to the main core as a slave. See the picture I attached for more details.

Sorry if it's a bit confusing, English is not my first language.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Sadly that won't work the way the game is written currently.
    Each entity has its own grid of blocks, and the location and orientation of each block on that grid is fixed. When you turn a ship the blocks don't move the slightest on the grid, the entire grid moves instead. Splitting the grid into sub-sections which can move and turn independently is not possible.
    For now, you can hold lctrl while in buildmode and use 'create dock' on the pane that shows up on the right. Now point at the face of any rail, and click, you can then set the location of the core of the docked entity, confirm it by clicking again. Now use the scroll-wheel to determine the orientation of the core, and click one last time. A dialog will ask you how you want to call the docked entity, and the docked entity will have appeared.
    You can now use the 'rail turret system' tab within the structure-dialog to enter the turret. To change back to the mothership navigate with the up or down arrow-key.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    what Megacrafter127 said. currently its not possible to enter build mode while in the build mode of another entity. Although at the back of my head i suspect that we might be able to access the build mode of a docked ship in a shipyard through the computer menu.

In a related idea being able to slave ship cores was something I've been trying to work out in my head albeit in a completely different way. If it could work out the way i think it could then it solve a lot of problems with the rail system currently. May make a thread on it sooner or later