Ship AI Companion

Reaction score
    I think it would be a great idea to have an onboard AI system on your ship.
    Something like Cortana, Serina or Roland (Halo), EDI (Mass Effect) or even Mother or Apollo (Alien).

It could be helpful and informative by warning you of certain risks or inform you of the problem at hand.

What do you guys think?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    I like it, but then I am a big Halo and Mass Effect fan. That aside an AI core block would be kind of cool and could have a lot of potential. I could see an AI core and it's attaching blocks, enhancing the performance of turrets docked to your ship. Or if we had a transmitter of some kined, a carrier with a large enough AI core could enhance the performance of its drones, as long as they had a receiver. But that aside an AI warning youabout collisions, telling you when you shields are low or freshly charged, telling you that you energy reserves are low, or informing you you jump drive is ready, and things like that would be cool too.

Reactions: Ithirahad
    Reaction score
    I like it, but then I am a big Halo and Mass Effect fan. That aside an AI core block would be kind of cool and could have a lot of potential. I could see an AI core and it's attaching blocks, enhancing the performance of turrets docked to your ship. Or if we had a transmitter of some kined, a carrier with a large enough AI core could enhance the performance of its drones, as long as they had a receiver. But that aside an AI warning youabout collisions, telling you when you shields are low or freshly charged, telling you that you energy reserves are low, or informing you you jump drive is ready, and things like that would be cool too.
    That was what I thought, it would be great. Also adding holo pedestals, would be good for a holographic avatar of your AI to appear on and it could be customisable. So you can choose what your AI's Avatar would look like.

Reactions: Ithirahad
    Reaction score
    Personally I like the idea. Especially if the AI offers features that makes piloting and combat easier for the pilot.
    Ideas I have are
    Giving the AI control of some weapons. If a hostile or enemy gets within the firing arc of said weapon then the AI will fire upon them or the AI may act as an anti-missile screen.
    The AI will coordinate and enhance turrets. Currently turrets fill the general area of the enemy with fire, with an AI the AI will make turrets viable again.

I like the idea the problem lies in how it could be implemented.

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Cool. I like the idea. Would go well with human AI, please see my thread on crewability.

Reactions: Invitedplanet67