Shields and Rails/Rotators

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    So, I'm planning on creating a project in Star-Made that will have massive pieces connected by Rail Rotators (being kinda indirect, because I don't want the idea stolen :p.) How much shield will be given to the docked parts from the mothership (if at all)? And yea I poorly worded this -sorry- it's like midnight here.

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    As far as I know, turrets only share shields with the mothership while its shields are above 50%. Not sure about other rail entities. I'd say, you should experiment.

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    Each entity that has 0/1 shield HP will check down its chain for an entity that has at least 50% or more shield HP of its own max. If it does, it takes the blow instead. This keeps checking till it finds the last chain (which is the mothership normally).

kiddan

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Each entity that has 0/1 shield HP will check down its chain for an entity that has at least 50% or more shield HP of its own max. If it does, it takes the blow instead. This keeps checking till it finds the last chain (which is the mothership normally).
    Ah okay, so if I make a mech and there is only shields on the body, but the arms take a blow they get protection as long as the shields of the body can supply 50%?

EDIT: Assuming my mech has the arms connected by rotators and not turret axis, what would happen?

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    Ah okay, so if I make a mech and there is only shields on the body, but the arms take a blow they get protection as long as the shields of the body can supply 50%?

EDIT: Assuming my mech has the arms connected by rotators and not turret axis, what would happen?
    Rotators/rails/turret axis, they all use the same shield sharing system.
    and yes, if that body has 50% shield HP of its own shield max it will take the blow.

kiddan

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Rotators/rails/turret axis, they all use the same shield sharing system.
    and yes, if that body has 50% shield HP of its own shield max it will take the blow.
    Awesome! This will save me so much trouble :]