Shield Viewing Block/Energy Viewing Block

Reaction score
    The idea of this is that there is a block that functions in a similar way to the Weapons Computer or similar blocks, but simply shows where the groupings of shield dispersers/energy regen blocks are on your ship so you can construct it better, such as if you want a singular large grouping of shields rather than four or five.

Reactions: JNC

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I was about to suggest a block that shows your power or shield levels on its screen... which I thought this was going to be. I don't see the point in this, really; for shields it doesn't matter how they're grouped, and for energy blocks, IMO C-selecting the core should frame those, in turquoise or something.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I think we should be able to disable Y-layers of ships (maybe alternatively X or Z layers) to see/edit the inside more easily.

Disabling affects visibility and click-ability in build-mode only.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    On the old forum there was the idea i liked, saying there should be an option in advanced building mode, giving us ability to see (and modify) only specific systems (weapons, shields, thrusters, etc.). It sure would make refitting ships much easier.

JNC

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I'd like to see a "shield computer" added as that way we would be able to turn our shields on/off, attach shields to the new logic system, and create isolated shield groups if wanted. If we ever see ship boarding by players/npc's than shield computers would also make it possible for such a force to disable a ships shields (by capturing/destroying the shield computer). :)