Shield help

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Im new to starmade, and i dont quite understand the shield power usage function and it relates to power. currently i have way more shields power usage than i have power stored, how will this affect my ship"s preformance? This combined with the wiki being downed for like 4-5 days now is a pain. no offense schema, but the main site wiki kinda sucks.

My current stats

Shield load 67276

shield regen 11050

shield power usage 5525000

Power Load 1577772

power regen 944194

Reaction score
    Shields only use energy when they are recharging. If you get hit, they will drain power (in this case 5525000). If power load+power regen is smaller than your shield power usage, they won\'t recharge at all, you have to at least provide the energy for one tick or your shield will become weaker and weaker until it breaks and even then it wont recharge.

Now you have three options:

1. rework your generator

2. add more powerstorage

3. delete some of your shield blocks.

Hope that helps.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    but the shield regen for some reason is insane. i created a decent amc and opened fire. it recharged at an insane rate even when a pirate fleet and a trade ship fleet opened fire on it at the same time, it just continued to recharge without caring. This is so confusing. I think ill just add more power tanks and be done with it.