Shield Doors

Reaction score
    Hi there! I was just watching a Starmade YouTube video and this idea just popped into my head. Shield Doors. Now, I realise that this could be done by basically retexturing the Plex Doors to something like water but with a little colour, but I think it'd be pretty cool to have both. Mainly because I'd rather not have my doors inside of my ship as shields. Other than astetic purposes, I can't really see any use for this, but Schema being as creative as he is I'm sure he could find something in this idea. Thanks for reading this and hopefully considering this for a future update! ;)

Reaction score
    You could the same thing with a quick texture recolor. You may ask someone to make a texture pack and change one of the hull colors you never use.

Reaction score
    That wouldn\'t really work though because I\'d like it to be a functioning door, for an air lock or a hanger bay.

Reaction score
    Not quite what I think you\'re thinking but it\'d be great if ships and people could pass through and it blocked weapons fire, maybe using an emitter block you could build two towers of the emitters and link them to make a shield door, it would use power though and when the shields go down so does the shield door. It\'d make for nicer hangers mainly.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    using the shield doors instead of plex doors should let ships pass through if they are not registered as hostile, but not let weapons fire through. i hate having to open and close my plex doors, or having my docking beam hit the doors, and not the docking point i am looking to use. if made right, you could pass through them, and not have to worry about your core being beyond the door limit, when trying to dock beyond the doors.