Shield computer

Sio

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I would be happy about Shield Computer:

Give you the option to extend your shields to docked ships/ turrets or even further like the idea of the bubble shields or field fortress or just link the shields of multiple ships. But it should have some negative aspects if you do things like that, for e.g.: weaker shields or/ and higher enegy consumption.

PS: Sorry if my english sounds a bit rude, strange or something like that. So if something is unclear just let me know in a comment. :D

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I agree, StarMade needs something like Shield Computer.

I think that you could buy a Shield Computer. One per ship/station is needed. Then you could A. buy OR B. craft a shield modification \"capsule\"/\"chip\" that you can set into the Shield Computer (one at a time). There would be different Shield Mod Chip types. Here are some ideas of mine (numbers are only examples):

-Shield Mod Chip (Sentinel): increases the shield capacity by 30% but lowers the shield recharge rate by 20%

-Shield Mod Chip (Dragon): increases the shield recharge rate by 50% and energy consumption by 35%

-Shield Mod Chip (Spirit): increases the shield recharge rate by 30% but lowers the shield capacity by 20%

-Shield Mod Chip (Focus): decreases the shield energy consumption by 20%

-Shield Mod Chip (Crusader): increases the resistance to missile sources by 25%

-Shield Mod Chip (Safeguard): increases the resistance to non-missile sources by 20%

-Shield Mod Chip (Burst): increases the shield recharge rate by 20% when shield power is under 50%

-Shield Mod Chip (Captain): extends the shields to docked turrets but lowers the shield capacity by 15%

-Shield Mod Chip (Warrior): increases damage output by 5% while shields are online

-Shield Mod Chip (Wings): increases the power of Hyperflux Thruster Coils by 10% while shields are online

-Shield Mod Chip (Angel): increases the power of Hyperflux Thruster Coils by 10% and damage output by 5% while shields are offline but lowers the shield capacity by 10%

Maybe crafting these would require materials mined from different planets.

-Warhogen

Sio

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Great idea warhogan i like it very mutch

I would add some support chips like:

-Field Fortress or bubble and the capacity would be lowerd by 50%

-Chips with aoe buffs like shield recharge off your fleet within x meters increases 20% -30%

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    Few ideas on the shields that could go well with a shield computer.

New shield block type that works specifically in one direction, with that direction receiving 50% of the shield\'s total power and all others receiving 10%. That extends out to, say, a 10x10 square out to the furthest point in the front end of the ship. The shield origin is made up the same way that AM guns determine the front of the gun. The rest simply increase output for that box. The shield computer could allow you to work a slider between size and strength.

Instantly, you need dedicated shielding area designs rather than just making the entire ship out of them.

Sio

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I think it should be possibel to do the same tings with energy + the opportunity to shift power between systems

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I\'d like to have basic shield which I can set to encompass connected turrets, but at the price of decreased shield\'s power and increased power consumption rate.

I am however not fond of Warhogen\'s idea of of chips - making specialized shields, including ones that would decrease the very drawbacks of having overpowered shield system (like power consumption) would make already horribly unbalanced shields a disaster. We already have plenty suggestions to balance shields, I don\'t really look for a reason to see more of them.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    would be good for shielding turrets on ships and defending of space stations.