sheild not permanently on

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Shield should not be constantly on.
    Why?
    So some thing called ambushes could actually have a chance of working. All invisibility and radar jamming is let you go silently by.
    to make up of the fact losing permanent shield?
    While shields are turned on
    Shield shrength and recharge inceases exponentially but so does power consumption
    While shield are off
    Little to no shields and recharge but no power consumption.
    Of this suddenly being implemented is a bad idea probably need some work on the hulls cloaking and radar jamming block and the inclusion of blocks that don't exist yet.

Reaction score
    Maybe, but what about fighter pilots? I am just playing devils advocate here, but how ar fighters going to be viable if you increase the amount of energy that the need to operate with shields? Fighters will have to substitute weapon or engine power for a scrap of shielding.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I dunno about you but putting shields on fighters is a waste of time anyway i never do it and works fine for me

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    It is a pretty common trope for small fighters to have very little shielding.

But it\'s also pretty common for them to have shields equivalent to their larger scale counterparts, scaled down.

But for toggleable shielding, that\'s a good idea. Presumably it\'d be accessible via a shield hotbar icon once you have one or more shields on your ship? So, when active, all power costs (except shields, which have their standard energy cost to recharge) are increased by N ( a number of small value that multiplies it slightly but not too much), but mean a small ship could engage shields, stop firing, and flee. Similarly, a large ship with little fear of being permanently damaged could disengage shields for more damage per second at the expense of minor vulnerability.