Sharing ship in multiplayer?!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hey guys!

I would like to know, if there is any possibility to work togehter on one ship in multiplayer mode?

Is the other player able to fly the ship and use its weapons when shared?

Thanks for any answers,

Fallen :)

Reaction score
    All you have to do is get in the weapons computer or any other computer (d1000 missile computer, salvage computer, etc). Note that you can get in a computer, but you will on have control of the units connected to the computer. You can only fly the ship if you get in the ship core. Just so you know, it is really fun to get a big ship with turrets and multiple weapons computers and have friends in each of them. Then you just go around wrecking bases.

Reaction score
    It mostly depends on ship design, for example, one of my newer ship designs:

http://i.imgur.com/2cGEVMJ.jpg

Warning: It\'s a bit boxlike.

In this design, the upper bridge has the main ship core; the lower bridge contains a docked ship core (With only a faction block). One person can man the main bridge, and other players can use the up/down arrow keys when inside the lower bridge core to cycle through the turrets. (Which unfortunately disables the AI but hopefully that will be fixed) The ship currently has only one turret but one can just add more.

Additionally, the ship can hold fighters in its hangar bays, so they can take off and land like on a carrier. You can cycle through docked fighters the same way as turrets. Fighters can use the core beam to open/close the hangar doors without getting out.