Shaded glass blocks for star viewing

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I created a universe to check out the star system setup. Built a decent ship, and started flying towards the nearest star.
    Thing is, I couldn't really make out how close I was to it, all I knew is that it was getting brighter and brighter... until suddenly it disappeared, I found myself in a trippy looking sector, and the only thing visible was a white dot in the center. And then I died without warning.
    As far as I can tell, the star itself is apparently a sector of its own and I flew right into it. If not, then I died before I could find an asteroid to shield myself with.
    So my suggestion is to add shaded glass blocks that cut out most of the glare from a star and allow you to better judge your distance from one, allowing you to avoid flying right into it.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Perhaps just having a NAV point for the star (like with ships, astroids,ect) but have a warning pop up saying you are close to a star. Right now it warns you when you start to take damage, but another warning saying you are nearing the damage threshhold for the heat of the star would be nice. And as for tinted glass, I\'d like that for purely astetic reasons, having various tints/color of glass would be a nice additiong in my opinion.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    that the star can be made up of a new block like star stuff or something so when you get close you can see the sun star what ever you call it and let it have gravty for fun so if you get to close you crash and sink in to the star and get killed in less you have a coolen thingy or some thing that won\'t get killed in the star same for the player out of the ship to get the star stuff don\'t you think that will be fun?