Severs... How do I ...

Reaction score
    Basically I'm new to the whole... Lets create a server - Or Join a server without... using a server list.

How do I...
    1. Go about creating a server for me and a friend?

2. Join a server that has been listed within this forum?

Are there certain apps that are required to connect to servers? I mean - A game like this definatly needs a sever list that you can just jump right in with a single click! So far this game is awesome!

But I'd rather play with actual people!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    ok so first to create a server you can either port forrward and there are websites that teach you to do that, if that is too complicated for you you can always use hamachi but your friend has too use hamachi too and honestly i dont recommend it

2nd too join a server go on your star made click multiplayer in there type the server ip:4242 heres the format [server ip:4242] you dont need any app for this game except hamachi if port forwarding is too hard. message me if you want me too go step by step with you threw the port forrwarding process.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    ok so too port forrward you need to open \"run\" now too do that hit the windows key and the r key on the keyborad. ok now that your there type \"cmd\" and hit enter, a black box will open. now type \"ipconfig\" it will spit out a bunch of glob that dosent matter. look for the \"defualt gate way\" it is ussally 192.168.1.1

open up your browser and enter the defualt gate way #s into the url bar. if it asks you for a user name and password, again it is ussally

username: admin

password: password

ok now look around that webpage untill you find the port forward or the port trigering tab. ok

so add user difined any thing having too do with ports type 4242 after you do that look for where it asks for an ip open up cmd again and look for ipv4 or something of the nature ok then go back to the website and look for your ipv4 adress or if it askes you to type it done

now open star made and click start dedicated server open up your browser again and go to google once there type \"whats my ip\" it will give you an ip thats wat you give to your friend for you open up star made again click start game. once there click multiplayer and type your the ip you got from cdm.

again type it like this 192.168.1.4:4242

if you get confused i can give you a walk threw screen to screen on skype

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    when you open star made you can click \"start dedicated server\" or you can download it from this website i think

Reaction score
    So - Connecting to a server is easier then I orginally thought?

Just go under Multiplayer and type the IP provided with the servers?

OK Heres another question... Apon disconnecting the server, will it save my ship and dissapear until I reconnect?