Read by Council Set power cap for Ai.

serge1944

Grand Admiral of The Infection Initiative
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Hello,
    A low power barrier should be a setting for blueprints,the reason why is that for example my ship has powerful
    cannons that takes all the power away in some seconds when it drops 30 percent the power takes time to come back but when I stop shooting at 50 percent it will recharge directly.But this I can do myself,the problem is the AI shooting small burst of the cannons when it goes under 30 percent and not using the full capacity and then the AI stays with low power because of turrets shield and other weapons + shooting the powerful cannons and not letting the ship recharge.
    So I think that we can be able to put a low power barrier in the weapons computer that will only apply to AI maybe when crew will come out they may not obey if there moral or experience is low.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Recently there was a low power barrier added to the game. At 35% power or below the AI will stop firing their weapons, this keeps them from crippling ships into a perpetual power outage state. I would love if it was a setting we could change on a ship by ship basis as some ships do need more time to recharge or some way to prioritize some weapons over others.

Reactions: GalactusX
    Reaction score
    Recently there was a low power barrier added to the game. At 35% power or below the AI will stop firing their weapons, this keeps them from crippling ships into a perpetual power outage state. I would love if it was a setting we could change on a ship by ship basis as some ships do need more time to recharge or some way to prioritize some weapons over others.
    That explains a lot. Recently I was testing drones and noticed that they stopped stupidly sucking up all their power. I guess that's why :)

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    It didn't arrive in time to save the fleets of lawnmowers from arriving at their destination, shooting off a few missiles until they crippled themselves, and drifted out of the sector.
    :p:D:rolleyes:

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    That explains a lot. Recently I was testing drones and noticed that they stopped stupidly sucking up all their power. I guess that's why :)
    It's not perfect but it does make most of my ships functional as AI as most of them have at least two missiles designed to be fired, recharge, fire. Before these ships would be crippled. My one ship that has variable ranged weapons does get fairly crippled because she does try and fire everything faster than the ship can recharge. I need a way to say "Wait" when it's time to fire the missiles and I need the cannons to stop firing. Being able to set the low power protection higher on this ship may just do the trick.