Server Memory Usage

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hello,

I was wondering if any server admins out there could help me out a little. I have a little server with 1Gb RAM and even when it is empty, like is has been just now the server has used up virtually all of this memory (946Mb currently) On restart back down to low usage. FYI I have also seen days where there were 14 of us in the server and only 700MB was being used.

Looking through the config files I see parts that will clear system data from memory after a set duration. If this is the case why is my server still using all of the RAM? Is there some bug that its not being released again or some setting has become corrupted maybe?

Reason I am asking is I have noticed on occassion when the RAM gets this full I get a lot of server debug messages, sometimes they spam so fast I barely get to read them. Usually are lag issues all over the place and on occasion the server has locked requiring a restart. I also have reports of lost partial builds during this period.

If anyone has seen similar and maybe knows of something I can try I would really appreciate the help.

Thanks.

Ronatobe.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Update for reference in case anyone else has issues. Server has been upgraded to 2Gb and no longer hits maximum, usually sits around 1.2 - 1.75GB used. This is only with a server at most 14 people online at once and no reported problems like before.

Reaction score
    depence on which OS win 7 or 8 uses alone nearly a Gig. make sure ur OS is a 64 bit version so it is able to use more than 3.5 GB ram. and if u wanna run a good server u shut have at least 8+ GB