Server isssues

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I made a server that is compleatly updated and i am running a windows 7 operateing system. the server is set up through Hamanchi, and my friend has joined the network i made. when i join there is not a problem and i get in no questions asked. but my friend can't connect it just tells him he is connecting forever and never does anything. he is running windows 8 (don't know if that matters or not.) my freind has also updated and reinstalled multiple times now and we have gotten no were. i am running a fresh install aswell, i did change my server port and i don't know if that matters, the thing is it used to work but we have not played it for a while and now it does not. he is entering the port correctly as he has copied and pasted exsactly what i entered to get in ( i put the full IP just to be sure it would work for him) please help me!

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Can your friend see your computer through the net?(an easy way to test is to enter \'ping [SERVER-IP]\' into the console) If not, hamachi doesn\'t work.

Btw, hamachi isn\'t required, you could simply set your router to redirect requests on port 4242 to your computer. Your friend then just needs to know the online ip of your router and connect to it.