Server Concept Discussion

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I recently did a little bit of fun gameplay on the shattered skies server. it being a survival server with unique config settings. that makes it possible to do a lot of fun scenarios that other servers are just not capable of. I was doing some survival playing around my planetary colony, and I decided to do some experimenting in singleplayer, using the similar but slightly tweaked config setting as shattered skies.

I found out is was possible to also include stations and structure blueprints as starter gear when new players join the world. this perked my curiosity, if I could give players on a multiplayer server a simple pre-fabricated station to start off with. Then this would be a rather fun new server concept I'd never considered before. Colony and Exploration servers.

the concept is that one starts with one ready to spawn ship to begin exploring with, in addition to a simple small but expandable station with which to colonize and then live in their discovered and claimed territories. in addition to the typical starting gear of coarse, this would be actually a fun idea to tweak with. and with some custom default stations, and pirates as well, this also mite be interesting to have a server with unique landmarks that only groups of players would otherwise be able to achieve on a normal build or survival type server.

I though perhaps at the very least I mite even share this with others to see if someone with the resources to do so, mite want to give this a try, and see about starting a server with this concept. thank you for reading this and I hope you enjoy the idea.

Reactions: Valck

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    hmm haven't found the part that lets me give out fully completed BPs or change up the default things we can use after starting up in a world. >_>

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    well the file you want is the game configs in the starmade folder. they are pretty simple to edit actually mostly self explanatory.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    hmm interesting. Will pass some of this useful info along to someone that might find it very useful. They are planning on resetting their world due to a bug with the database so assuming they haven't already it should come in handy for them if they haven't already found it. :)