Sero's suggestions. (fast-travel, shipyards, survival)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    This game is great, and I believe that no matter how you end up developing it, the work you've already done proves Starmade will be a space game to remember. The efficiency system is pure genius, and the physics are impressive to say the least.

I have some suggestions, but don't wish to dictate exactly how they should be implemented. You're the programmer and designer, so I won't waste both of our time telling you exactly how to make your game. These are the things I've always wanted in a game like this :

1. A way to visit favorite locations at any time within a reasonable time. Why build bases if the 50kph speed limit keeps you there? Next to ship building, exploring is the most rewarding aspect of the game. Base building could be good too.

2. The manufacturing system should make player made ships and shops desirable. The best stuff in the game shouldn't be sold in npc shops. Player made shipyards shouldn't just be for esthetics.

3. Survival should be challenging. Once you build a decent ship, you need a decent challenge. The difficulty should scale to keep you on your toes and reward building defense infrastructure.

Thanks for your time, and thanks for making Starmade.