Sensor blocks.

Is this a good idea?

• No!

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • This guys obviously on the pot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    I'd love some sensor blocks, to gather information about ships and sectors and also nearby solar systems. the more blocks you have, the more accurate the data. There should also be a way to detect if your being scanned. :)
    Essentially, the solar system data, when you're out of the system should account for: Amount of planets, type of star, how many Earth-type worlds, and star magnitude. In-system scans should include intel on all planets, such as size, mass, so on and so on. Ship data should be Shield strength, Possible DPS, mass, crew, and Dimensions. Maybe a few other pieces of info.

Reactions: rocketman221

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    I'd love some sensor blocks, to gather information about ships and sectors and also nearby solar systems. the more blocks you have, the more accurate the data. There should also be a way to detect if your being scanned. :)
    Essentially, the solar system data, when you're out of the system should account for: Amount of planets, type of star, how many Earth-type worlds, and star magnitude. In-system scans should include intel on all planets, such as size, mass, so on and so on. Ship data should be Shield strength, Possible DPS, mass, crew, and Dimensions. Maybe a few other pieces of info.
    To combat this, I think we should also have stealth blocks, something like the current stealth system, but only to sensors. You could still be seen and still get a nav sig on you.

Reaction score
    Agreed. Maybe you get a popup saying (Being scanned, 5.0 sec)
    With the seconds counting down, if you use a stealth countermeasure, then the scan gets cancelled.

Reaction score
    sounds interesting, however how could such information be used, such as star magnitude?

Reaction score
    nice, but maybe some way of telling current status of the other ship, like shield strength and number of Weapons systems?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    I have always thought that all ships regardless of size having the same sensor abilities was bad poor idea in the area of ship customization. What if I want a science or exploration vessel instead of a combat one? Radar jamming should also be tweaked in relation to this so its counters a certain level of sensor strength per block instead fighting the mass of the ship its on.

Reaction score
    I have always thought that all ships regardless of size having the same sensor abilities was bad poor idea in the area of ship customization. What if I want a science or exploration vessel instead of a combat one? Radar jamming should also be tweaked in relation to this so its counters a certain level of sensor strength per block instead fighting the mass of the ship its on.
    Thats why I included, that the more sensor blocks you have, the more accurate the data. You could swap weapons for sensor block room, and viola, a Ship kitted for exploration.

Also, I agree, Jammers should have more functionality, and that's the perfect way.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    Definitely a good idea, I'd also like to suggest that the scanners have some way of tracking ships. If I am bounty hunting someone and know they were here recently I turn on my scanners and see that he was here five minutes ago and the trail is still hot in a X, Y, and Z heading. I follow the trail for a bit and then run into issues because he used some kind of FTL jump (how that works I have no idea) and the trail disappears. Currently bounty hunting is super awkward because tracking people is all done by asking someone if they have seen the bounty recently and where he was :P

Reactions: davedumas0