self destruct system

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    OK, so on my new ship I wanted a self destruct system, i put lots of disintegrators, a 30 second logic count down, ect. however there is one problem. In a fight with an enemy, if one of their missiles, amc's ect. hit the disintegrators then they will be set off, does anyone have any other ideas on how to fix this?

Reaction score
    (Did anyone else get a private message from this guy or was it just me that got one?)

Presumably OP you'd have to armour the disintegrators with multiple layers or armour, otherwise it's an unfortunate risk of battle you'll just have to take.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    AFAIK dis-integrators only chain if killed by explosions and can explode multiple times if lag is big enough (like if they physic-glitch into an enemy).

They also damage only the trigger structure and their own (only their own if both are the same like if triggered by area triggers).

Please don't PM me - sooner or later I will see your post anyway.

Reaction score
    AFAIK dis-integrators only chain if killed by explosions and can explode multiple times if lag is big enough (like if they physic-glitch into an enemy).

They also damage only the trigger structure and their own (only their own if both are the same like if triggered by area triggers).

Please don't PM me - sooner or later I will see your post anyway.
    Oh my god, he PM'd you too? Dick move blurb, you can't just do that. I hope this isn't a regular thing...

Reaction score
    I feel discriminated against, I didn't get a PM. :(

Disintegrators: Place them far enough apart so that they won't chain react, trigger them all by logic. (You could even simulate cool effects using delayers then.)