"Secret" Spoiler alert!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    We need a spider spawn block that is controllable by logic and can spawn a spider for x seconds every y minutes.

Master1398

Keep calm and quit raging
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    We need a spider spawn block that is controllable by logic and can spawn a spider for x seconds every y minutes.
    You can look at a block and execute "/create_spawner_test"
    I don't know if it affects the whole structure or only the particular block you looked at but this allows to create Spider-(or how i like to call them: Quad-) Spawners.

Reaction score
    I did some quick experimentation. The spiders have 85 HP and do a respectable amount of damage. The ship I sent in to explore had 579 shields, and the spider took it down to about 2/3rds. They took me down to 1/2 health on foot pretty fast, but I wasn't really trying to evade them.
    They'd put up a fair fight for anyone on foot. If you got jumped and didn't have your gun in your hotbar already, I'd put my money on the spider. With your gun out, I'd say 90% of the time the Player would win.

The station I explored had 2 spiders.

Edit: ****, make that 3 spiders. The third one got me while I was forum-ing.
    Edit 2: There was a fourth spider, but my radar was definitely clear after the 3rd. Tentatively, I'd say they spawn.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    They have 75 hp from what I can tell. one sniper shot kills them and that does 75 damage. I may be wrong.....

As for number of them, They respawn between 3 and 4 times (for a total of 4 or 5 spiders).

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    ... unfortunately there isn't a pressing need to visit these stations on foot aside from seeing the spiders for the first time. It would be nice if there was also something interesting to do with stations besides submit them to your vacuum cleaner, like maybe a chest with some hard to find items to loot, provided you deal with the spider horde...
    Either that, or the spiders could contain something themselves that could be interesting. Venom for instance that could be crafted in gas grenades to use when bordering enemy ships, or silk, although I'm not sure where to use that for in this context or it would be for crafting spacesuits. ;)

Greets,

Jan

Reaction score
    I wonder what they will be able to do in the future. Maybe spread the purple planets virus to the universe :eek:

Reaction score
    Yayyyyyy

I want to fight wave after wave after wave of those little bugs.:D

Come on you Aps do you want to live forever :cool:

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    They're dangerous for players... But who would even want to exit safe ship and take walk inside infected station :p

There need to be mechanic that will make walking in infected stations usefull...

Maybe some shield system at these stations that will protect them from salvaging until deactivated manually?

I just can't wait until I will land at station like this with my friends and start to fight with flood :D

Reaction score
    uhr, this little alien wasn't really a secret,
    when I started to create my first base, 4 or 5 spawned when I was building, they where starting to destroy blocks and attacking me... cool!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    uhr, this little alien wasn't really a secret,
    when I started to create my first base, 4 or 5 spawned when I was building, they where starting to destroy blocks and attacking me... cool!
    Well you did just necro a two year old thread.