Salvager As Effect - DPS reduction for block salvage chance.

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    1% Salvage Slave produces a 1% chance of the blocks being destroyed being transferred to the firing pilot or linked storage crate, and reduces weapon damage by 1%.

100% Salvage Slave produces a 100% chance of the blocks being destroyed being salvaged successfully, but reduces all damage dealt by 100%.

100% can only salvage objects that are either asteroids or are overheating, on account of doing zero damage.

Sound good?

lupoCani

First Citizen
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Nah.

Salvage is a tool, not a weapon. Effects only provide additional negative impacts to weapons fire. These may be a bit outside the realm of direct damage, but they're still only direct and simple. There's an EMP, which drains enemy power, but the more advanced version that also transfers it back to you has a dedicated beam weapon. All other tools- repair, shield supply/drain, power supply, etc, are all mediated by dedicated beams. I don't see why salvage should be an exception.

In fact, I don't really see the point of this. What do want, salvager cannons? How would that change gameplay in any relevant manner? Salvage heatseekers and salvage pulses, fired by a logic clock while the player is AFK? I'm all for AFK mining as long as it's using rail contraptions or push effect propulsion, a logic clock hooked up to a conventional weapons system... not so much.

Reaction score
    This wouldn't directly cause issues, but I see no problems with the current salvaging system that this would solve. Can't explicitly explain how, but I feel like it would be better to keep the salvage system separate from the weapons system. Salvage missiles would be really weird.